Expert stuff, everyday keeping up with achievements in modern technology and science, with permanent education, helped that Engineering Unit achieved exceptional business results in a short time since its foundation.
Since 1979 experts from this department took part in following railway projects:
- Second track on double-track railway Doboj –Zenica
- Modernization of following railways:
- Bos. Novi – Doboj
- Sunja – Bos. Novi
- Lešak – Đeneral Janković (Kosovo)
- Bos. Novi – Bihać – Knin
- Construction of railway Zivinice – Zvornik
- Realization of railway centers in Sarajevo and Kosovo polje.
Engineering Unit had important role in construction of representative and major objects for XIV Winter Olympic Games in 1984 in Sarajevo. It took part in construction of Olympic Objects as supervision or project management.
Some of these objects are:
• Reconstruction of Olympic Stadium Koševo, with complete lightning and infrastructure,
• Fast ice skating path at Zetra
• Objects on Olympic battlegrounds on Jahorina, Bjelašnica and Igman, arrangement for paths, technical bases, vertical transport objects, start and finish booths,
• 90 - meters and 70 – meters ski jump on Malo Polje Igman,
• Complete reconstruction of railway station building in Sarajevo.
In pre-war time Engineering took also part in realization of important environmental protection projects as supervision: main gas line Sarajevo –Zvornik Sarajevo – Zvornik, distribution gas network in Sarajevo, waste water treatment plant in Sarajevo.
Other important objects realized until 1992:
• Construction of second phase of Zenica ironworks,
• Auto-base „Centrotrans“ Sarajevo,
• Construction of city main roads in Sarajevo,
• Construction of bfth phase of thermal power plant „Kakanj“,
• Part of Port Brčko infrastructure,
• Reconstruction and modernization of „Natron“ factory in Maglaj,
• Construction of road Višegrad – Rudo.
During the war 1992 – 1995 couple of engineers supervised construction of administrative centers Sirt and Hun in Libya, based on Contract on technical collaboration with Libyan consultant firm NCB. By the end of war certain activities in B&H were actuated, and the most important ones are: supervision on rehabilitation and reconstruction of railway bridges in Raštani and Bačevići near Mostar, and reconstruction of Railway and Bus station in Mostar.
In after-war period important activities in Engineering department were related with supervision on rehabilitation and reconstruction of railway and road infrastructure:
• Supervision of reconstruction of 3 bridges on railway Bosanaki Novi – Knin,
• Railway bridge over Sava River near Brčko,
• Supervision on bridges in Maglaj, „Komar“, and Bosanska Krupa, and bridges near Lukavac, Konjic, Ostrožac and Olovo
• Supervision on road reconstruction works and works on tunnel Bradina, on M-17,
• Supervision on rehabilitation of „Holliday Inn“ Hotel,
• Supervision on rehabilitation of „Bristol“ Hotel in Sarajevo.
After 2000 activities of Engineering are expanding, and also number of stuff. During this time several projects were financed by Delegation of European Commission in B&H, won in concurrency with renowned foreign consultant firms.
These projects are:
• Supervision on electric works on rehabilitation of middle-voltage and low-voltage distributive network in B&H,
• Supervision on rehabilitation of railway infrastructure in B&H – Rehabilitation of electrical connections and contact line,
• Supervision of construction works of Border Crossing point Rača – first phase, earthworks and infrastructure,
• Supervision on reconstruction of road bridge over Sava River near Jasenovac (Croatia),
• Supervision on reconstruction of Border Crossing Point Bosanski Šamac.
In last few years, IPSA Institute also realized several very important projects financed by local and foreign Investors. Rehabilitated interstate road-railway bridge over Sava River near Šamac was tested under experimental load, with preparation of Testing Report. Supervision on rehabilitation and reconstruction of Business Center UNITIC, two towers with 22 coors, was successfully finished. Project management and supervision of construction of airplane parking and manipulative trays on International Airport Tuzla, supervision on construction of: Border Crossing Orašje, regional sanitary depot „Mošćanica“ in Zenica, “Termalna rivijera” Ilidža, are some of the most important projects in which IPSA’s engineers took part as supervisors.
However, the biggest project, according to investment and volume, which had been carried out by Engineering’s stuff as consultants and supervision, is Implementation of EIB and EBRD credits for the first phase of rehabilitation of railway infrastructure in B&H. Railway overhaul on several sections, rehabilitation of some parts of infrastructure, station security, rehabilitation and additional building of several stations, construction of railway workshops and rehabilitation of the Bridge over Una River near Volinja, were done within this project. During this time, Engineering continuously supervised works financed by Federal Office for Roads and lately by Federal Office for Motorways. One of the most important works was supervision of construction of motorway section Dobrinje – Visoko, and Kakanj – Dobrinje.
At the beginning of 2011. Supervision of narrow gauge railway line Serbian Border – Visegrad is completed. Recently is completed supervision of State Investigation and Protection Agency (SIPA) in Eastern Sarajevo, as well as monitoring of construction works on new Raiffeisen Bank Head Office Building in Sarajevo. In last period Framework Agreement with Centar Sarajevo Municipality for the supervision of their investment projects is completed.
Concerning current works, it should be mentioned II phase of BH Railway recovery project. Together with German consultant IPSA is implementing complete consultancy services at 5 construction contracts in value of more than 100 million euro. Also supervision on rehabilitation of trunk roads in FBiH with environmental monitoring is in final year of implementation.
In the beginning of 2011. IPSA Institute awarded project management and supervision at construction of 8200 housing units complex in Tripoli, Libya. It was planned to engage more than 60 engineers on that project, but unfortunately, due to unrest in that region project is temporary stopped.
It should be mentioned our engagement in supervision of Sarajevo By-Pass - lot 2, project in inception phase, that should last next two years.